Employment litigation can be one of the most emotionally draining, expensive types of litigation. The attorneys at Gunderson, Denton & Peterson have extensive experience in representing both plaintiffs and defendants in this type of case.
Employment litigation includes cases related to discrimination based on race, gender, religion and/or nationality. Sexual harassment cases are also growing in number, and offer unique legal and practical problems. Litigation of covenants not to compete, non-solicitation agreements, and confidentiality agreements is also increasing as these contracts become more common. Likewise, litigation regarding trade secrets is growing as more businesses realize their dependency on those secrets.
Our attorneys have litigated all these types of employment cases. Therefore, we can advise you about how these cases are likely to progress, what law will apply, and what litigation goals are appropriate.
Sometimes, employment litigation cases relate to immigration law. We have helped numerous clients with immigration related employment matters.
To learn more about how we can help with your specific employment litigation needs, contact our office.
Sample Employment Matters include:
- Negotiated a substantial settlement for our executive client based on breach of employment contract by his former employer.
- Successfully represented a prominent Phoenix nightclub in a sexual harassment complaint brought by employees of the club.
- Obtained a substantial settlement of a sexual harassment lawsuit brought in federal court against a major national office machine supply company.
- Successfully represented our clients, former employees of a large furniture company, in a lawsuit brought against them by a former employer. We obtained a settlement in which the employer agreed to drop all claims in exchange for a very nominal amount.
- Helped guide a client through the substance abuse process relating to Arizona’s Board of Nursing, with no adverse entries on our client’s employment record.
- Have successfully guided small business clients through the process of drafting employee handbooks and negotiating favorable employment contracts.
Why we can’t tell you about some of our best work…
Some of our most significant cases have concerned very sensitive subjects, such as sexual harassment, whistleblowing relating to violations of federal and Arizona law, and other matters. Frequently, when this type of case settles, we can obtain the best results for our clients by incorporating confidentiality clauses into the settlement agreement. That means we often can’t tell anyone how large the settlement was, or even whether a particular case settled.