I have a law suit against a corporation and two people, Now I see one person in the case is not responsible for the charge, and I want to drop him off the case. Could you please instruct me how to do that.

A: This is probably not a decision that you should make without an attorney. As a practical matter, you would file a notice of dismissal as to the party who is to be dismissed. However, whether to do it–and what rights to preserve against that party in the future if things change–are issues you should discuss with someone who understands legal procedure. You might even be mistaken as to whether a particular party is “responsible” or not. Sometimes there is legal responsibility for reasons that are not clear to a non-lawyer.

* This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted in the State of Arizona only. This advice is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation. Facts and laws change and these possible changes will affect the advice provided here. You should not rely on this advice alone, and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship.

Published By:

Gunderson, Denton & Peterson, P.C.
1930 N Arboleda #201
Mesa, AZ 85213
Phone: 480-655-7440
Fax: 480-655-7099
Email: [email protected]
Website: https://gundersondenton.com/

Denton Peterson, P.C.
7272 E Indian School Rd #540-132
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone: 480-325-9919
Email: [email protected]
Website: https://arizonabusinesslawyeraz.com/scottsdale/

Answered by , Phoenix Litigation Attorney
Re-posted from AVVO Legal Questions & Answers.